Our students need people like you. You don’t need to be a bookworm or the scholarly type. You just need to be passionate about helping others fulfill their literacy goals. We are currently looking for volunteers to help with:
- One-to-one mentoring
- Small group facilitator
- Basic computer class facilitator
- Data entry (approximately 2 hours per week)
- Front desk reception from 3:30pm – 7:00pm
- Student registration and student ombudsman
- Special projects, events, and committees
Please contact us for more details about the above volunteer opportunities. All volunteers are required to attend a one hour orientation. If you choose to work directly with students, you must attend a five hour training that is held on a Friday.
Please click for the volunteer application. Please send completed application to:
attn: Volunteer Coordinator
324 South 72nd Street
Omaha, NE 68114
Speak up and support literacy programs so we can break cycles of poverty, poor health, and crime. Tell your friends, neighbors, and colleagues about the importance and impact of an educated community.
WaveMakers support our social media fund drives.
- Supporters encourage adults with low reading skills to visit and find out what it means to be a student here.
For more information contact us at 402-342-7323.
Click here to sign up for periodic news, updates, student success stories, and event invitations from the the Literacy Center.